At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Mass Properties Engineer 3 to join our team of creative and diverse engineers. The position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The Mass Properties Engineer performs mass properties functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, and mass properties requirements allocation studies to translate customer, product or derived mass properties requirements into hardware and software specification requirements. Analyzes, researches and tests system hardware and conditions for optimal mass properties system solutions compared to requirements. Tools utilized may include solid modeling tools, database tools and standard office applications.
This individual will contribute to the Mass Properties team supporting the achievement of program requirements. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and implementing a Mass Properties Management and Control Program
• Accurate estimating and optimizing of mass properties to achieve vehicle performance and fulfill weight based program metrics
• Establishing specification and design target weights
• Maintaining accounting and reporting systems to inform the customer and management of current and projected mass properties trends
• Participating as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
• Providing mass properties data for cost analyses and vehicle design and analysis
• Evaluating subcontractor proposals, interacting with and overseeing subcontractor mass properties management and control
• Reviewing and approving drawings to achieve mass properties management and control.
• Measuring vehicle and/or component mass properties
• Providing operational flight manual mass properties data
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17028655&lang=en
• Post ID: 155753822 la