Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgical (JJVS) is recruiting for a Manager, Engineering R&D. JJVS designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal. JJVS is headquartered in Santa Ana, California.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patientâs lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
Position overview and responsibilities:
- Manages the Consumables and Accessories group within the Cataract Engineering department.
- Responsible for all projects assigned to the functional group.
- Manages resources to meet multiple project needs and objectives.
- Acts as the technical advisor to subordinates to resolve technical or operational problems.
- Establishes operating policies and procedures.
- Responsible for hiring, and for ensuring subordinate development, training, and adherence to operating policies and procedures.
- Participates in cross-functional management meetings and performs all aspects of workforce administration, including performance reviews, improvement plans, and establishing goals and objectives.
- Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Manages project activities to meet new product delivery milestones, objectives, and approved budgets.
- Recruits, selects, trains, motivates, appraises and develops a staff capable of achieving business objectives to agree upon delivery milestones.
- Acts as the technical expert within the field of mechanical engineering, with a focus on plastics, molding and tool design, and handheld consumable medical devices.
- Develops and manages capital, operating expense, and project plans and budgets.
- Directs the development of subordinates and manages capital, operating expense and project budgets.
- Implements performance assessments for all department staff, providing periodic feedback for optimum individual staff development. Provides guidance to staff in the decision-making process.
- Leads team to contribute to JJVS intellectual property portfolio by submitting records of invention and patent disclosures.
- Seeks out and manages external R&D and manufacturing firms to partner with regarding the introduction of new accessory products.
- A minimum of a Bachelorâs degree in Engineering and a minimum of eight (8) years of related experience is required.
- Advanced technical degree is preferred.
- Regulated industry experience is required.
- A minimum of (4) years of experience in managing engineering teams is required.
- Proven record of bringing products to market acting as project/technical leader is required.
- Understanding of process control, statistical analysis, tolerancing, and new product development under ISO13485 and 14971 standards is required.
- Ability to provide a systematic approach to problem solving and issue resolution combined with good understanding of the relevant technologies and design and their practical applications is required.
- Strong engineering principles (materials science, injection molding, 3D modeling, solid mechanics, DFMA & reliability) to achieve product design requirements is required.
- Background in CAD design, drafting and modelling is required.
- This position may require up to 20% travel both domestically and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=5570171128&lang=en
• Post ID: 160499087 la