Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2017 12:10 AM
Company Name:Moore Law Group
Compensation$41,600 to $62,400 Annually
Why Work Here?
“Great opportunity, Lots of room for Growth, help make peoples lives better by doing what you love!”
Seeking Full-Time Family Law Paralegal
Do you want to contribute to something bigger than yourself by helping hard-working professionals navigate their way through the painful and frightening process of divorce? Do you want to help deliver exceptional legal services and help clients make sense of their circumstances? We are an entrepreneurial family law firm that is on track for aggressive growth and we need a paralegal who can hit the ground running as we build our dream team.
Keep reading if you relate to these statements:
- You smile when you answer the phone.
- You do not think filing, data entry, scanning, or copying are "beneath you."
- You can deal with a boss who is frequently in court, might not give much direction, might get distracted by new & exciting things, and hates dealing with admin stuff.
- You are not afraid to point out that you need more training or communication from me to get your work done.
- You get annoyed when people on social media don't know how to use they're, their, and there.
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet.
- You understand the difference between being great and having to tell others you're great.
- You are an amazing scheduler with a sickening degree of attention to detail.
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly.
- You know how to dress for work in a professional, business-casual law firm.
- You want people to be better off because they worked with you.
- You have set - or want to set - personal and professional goals.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years paralegal experience in a family law firm. We need to make sure you know how to organize, research, and draft motions, RFOs, client declarations, discovery, and correspondence; meet with clients; prepare declarations of disclosure; file documents with the court; arrange process service; and calculate, track, and meet deadlines. The ideal candidate MUST be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and must be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
The office is a paperless office that uses Mac computers and electronic case management and document management systems. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience working in this type of environment.
This is a full-time job, so you MUST be able to work *in the office* for 40 hours per week. You will have a minimum billable hours requirement of 325 hours per quarter. The first 90 days of employment is a probationary period and you will be considered a temporary employee. During the first 30 days of employment the pay is $20.00/hour, with opportunities for increase every 30 days. If you are asked to join the firm at 90 days, your pay will be $30.00/hour. There is an opportunity for bonus compensation for outstanding performance and meeting billable requirements.
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you please follow the instructions listed below. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works with family law clients and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph tell me why you applied to this particular ad. As a closing sentence please write, "I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions."
Do not send your resume through zip recruiter. Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should your first name (all caps) and one word that you would use to describe yourself (lower case). [For example: OLIVIA- ambitious]
If you feel this opportunity may be right for you, I look forward to reviewing your application.
Company address: 11801 Pierce Street, Suite 200 Riverside, CA 92505
• Location: Inland Empire, Riverside, CA
• Post ID: 146740367 la