Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:16 AM
This is a 10 bed : Cardiac Care Unit. The patient population served is the adult and geriatric patient with cardiac medical and/or cardiac surgical diagnoses. Patients cared for may also include other medical and surgical diagnoses. In addition, the Registered Nurse may care for patients requiring the following interventions: endotracheal, intubation, ventilatory support, invasive pressure monitoring (including arterial, pulmonary artery, central venous pressure and left atrial) tracheostomies, thrombolytic therapy, cardioversions, hemofiltration, peritoneal dialysis, atrial and ventricular overdrive pacing, intra:aortic balloon pumping, insertion of pulmonary artery and transvenous pacing catheters, chest tubes, pericardial catheters, arterial lines, bronchoscopy and CRRT, post anesthesia recovery of certain patient populations, ACLS transport of patients between Hoag Newport Beach and Hoag Irvine.
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act and utilizes the nursing process based on research and evidence based outcomes to meet patient care needs. The primary responsibility of the nursing staff is to provide direct patient care and to collaborate with other disciplines of the health care team to ensure the delivery of safe, timely and appropriate quality patient care. For specialty nursing units, experience in the specialty or ability to successfully complete a training program is required. Demonstrates effective communication, interpersonal skills, organizational ability, knowledge of proper body mechanics, safety measures and infection control, ability to follow instructions, knowledge of age of population served, and additional skills and knowledge of equipment may be required for hire into some patient care departments. Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct. Supports the mission of the Patient Care Services Division. Participates in the continuous quality improvement process. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental and hospital standards, policies and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Active, Current California RN License
- BLS and ACLS Certifications
- Minimum of 1 year current critical care experience in an acute care facility
- Successful completion of Critical Care Course is required prior to assuming care of patients in the CCU
- Demonstrates effective communication, interpersonal skills, organizational ability, knowledge of proper body mechanics, safety measures and infection control, ability to follow instructions, knowledge of age of population served, and additional skills and knowledge of equipment may be required for hire into some patient care departments
- If BSN has not been obtained upon hire then the Clinical Nurse I must begin the BSN program within one year of the hire date and obtain their BSN within two years of starting the program
- Previous experience in the management of immediate post op hearts, IAPB and CRRT
• Location: Long Beach
• Post ID: 160743637 la