Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2017 12:10 AM
Adjunct Pool for Professor of United States Historian
Mt. San Antonio College
Job Category: Adjunct Faculty
Time (Percent Time):
Current Work Schedule (days, hours): Schedule may include teaching days, evenings and weekends.
Salary Range: $74.53 PER HOUR based on lecture hour equivalent taught (Adjunct are placed on salary schedule)
Health & Welfare:
Department: History & Art History
Open Date: 11/02/2017
Open Until Filled: No
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities:
• Responsible to prepare and teach courses in United States History for the History Department at Mt. San Antonio College.
• Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities, College policies, division policies and department policies
• Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methods and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions
• Early morning, late afternoon and/or evening assignments may be required
Skills and Abilities:
Minimum Qualifications/Education & Experience:
A. One of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Master’s degree in History; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in History AND Master’s degree in Political Science, Humanities, Geography, Area Studies, Women’s Studies, Social Science, or Ethnic Studies, or the equivalent; OR
3. California Community College credential authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline, AND
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students; AND
C. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English
• Master’s Degree in History.
• Teaching experience at the
• Teaching experience at the community college level.
• Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
License(s) & Other Requirements:
Employees may periodically be required to operate a vehicle that necessitates possession of a valid California driver’s license. Such employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver’s license. Official offers of employment are made by the Mt. San Antonio College Office of Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
Instructions re: Confidential Letter of Recommendation:
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: http://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/2014ASRFinal.pdf
Typing Certificate Requirements:
Apply between November 2, 2017 and January 15, 2018, by 11:59 PM. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online to be considered for this position:
• A Mt. San Antonio College online application (http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu)
• College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
•A cover letter indicating how qualifications and required experience are met and addressing the applicant’s philosophy of teaching
•A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position
•A minimum of two letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation or any of the required documents)
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: email@example.com.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
For more details about the responsibilities of this position, direct inquiries to:
History Department Chair
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please do not submit Confidential letters of recommendation.
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Conflict of Interest
Cancel RTF Policy:
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay or cancel filling this position. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
To apply, visit: https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/
• Location: San Gabriel Valley
• Post ID: 146758337 la