About the Job
Job Fair for Member Services Representative II in our Signal Hill Branch on December 7th. Both full-time and part-time Member Services Representatives sought for our Signal Hill and Torrance Branches. For consideration, please apply via our website wescom.org and send your resume to email@example.com.
Assists members in establishing memberships, share and loan accounts, and related products and services by conducting interviews, completing necessary documents and performing data entry of records in compliance with audit requirements. Processes transactions for members and frequently serves as the initial point of contact between the Credit Union and the members. Promotes optimal member engagement by providing specific, accurate and timely information to members regarding Credit Union products and services. Responsible for educating members regarding current marketing promotions, for engaging new members to become Signature Members within their first 120 days of joining the Credit Union, and for engaging existing members to deepen their product and service usage with the Credit Union. Completes applications for equity products and makes referrals for insurance services, investment services and first mortgage real estate services.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Consistently provides a high level of service and is committed to increasing member satisfaction. Demonstrates adherence to the Branch Service and Signature Experience Standards in addition to enforcement and modeling of our Mission Statement, Core Values and Team Attributes. Promotes advocacy and takes personal responsibility to ensure that member issues are handled properly at the first point of contact. Focuses on delivering Signature Experiences and achieving successful results in the Member Experience Surveys.
- Maintains knowledge of products and services. Performs day to day transactions for members including, but not limited to deposits, withdrawals and transfers. Answers member inquiries and provides information in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures for statement requests, stop payments, fraud claims, insurance of accounts, and other deposit account-related needs. May participate in the servicing of ATM coin and cash machines..
- Processes applications for consumer loan products, including but not limited to auto loans, credit cards, share secured loans and unsecured lines of credit. May also process applications and fundings for home equity loans and lines of credit. Serves as a member advocate throughout the loan process. Funds loans and provides basic credit review counseling for members with declined loans. Assists members with savings products, including checking and certificate accounts, money market accounts and Individual Retirement Accounts. Remains proficient in the legal aspects of accounts (e.g. trusts, fiduciary accounts, Power of Attorneys, etc.). Provides service as Notary Public.
- Targets and achieves individual goals and supports branch goals. Contributes to Wescom growth through needs-based sales and service skills to match services to member needs. Ensures optimal member engagement and a migration to appropriate delivery channels. Makes referrals for insurance services and investment services to Wescom Insurance Services and Wescom Financial Services. Takes applications for home equity products and makes referrals for first mortgages to Mortgage Loan Originators in Real Estate.
- Meets personal development and training objectives. Achieves core curriculum and required training within establish timeline. Completes Wescom University core curriculum, including required regulatory training. Mentors other team members in skill development.
- The expectation is that this position is a career path to MSR III which requires the following licensing: MSR III -
- Option I: An MSR licensed to assist members with life insurance and fixed annuities in conjunction with Wescom Financial Services (WFS).
- Option II: An MSR licensed to assist members with property and casualty insurance products in conjunction with Wescom Insurance Services (WIS).The progression should occur within 120 days as a guideline. This timeline could vary.
- Maintains proficiency in technology applications across all channels including the operating system and ancillary systems. Actively promotes and demonstrates technology to members. Contributes to organizational efforts in process improvement.
- Ensures branch compliance with audit and security standards, policies and procedures, and loss prevention measures. Maintains confidentiality of Credit Union and member records.
- Protects the Credit Union’s financial interest by controlling and balancing assigned cash drawer, negotiable items received and disbursed during daily transactions, identifying payees, verifying signatures and endorsements, and maintaining Teller Balancing Standards.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, effectively shares information and ideas with others, and demonstrates good listening skills.
- Must have effective human relations skills in order to maintain positive and productive working relationships with others.
- Ensures individual appearance reflects the desired level of professionalism. Maintains the physical environment of the branch according to Wescom standards.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality in adherence with Wescom policy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate.
- Previous financial industry and customer service experience preferred.
- Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration is required and must be maintained.
- Maintain licensing as Notary Public.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. The above job requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. The marginal functions have not been included. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties as requested by the supervisor and/or management.
Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Must be proficient in technology applications including the Credit Union’s operating system and specialized software required for performance of position.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop kneel, crouch, crawl; talk; hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally left and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet and it is a non-smoking environment.
• Post ID: 150929602 la