Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 9:36 AM
Under the direction of the RN Center Manager, the Medical Assistant for the Multi:Specialty Center ("Center") of Hoag Hospital and its affiliates (the "Organization") performs a variety of Front/Back office and clerical duties in support of the patient care activities, ensuring even patient flow and continuous communication within the Center, referring physician offices, and Organizational staff.
The Medical Assistant displays and practices a work:style that reflects the mission, vision and values of the Center, as well as the Organization. Participates in the continuous quality improvement process. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures, including the use of specialized instrumentation, Quality Control requirements, and preventive maintenance.
- Greets and assists multiple patients, ensuring the promptness of their service:
o Utilizes positive verbal tone while speaking with patients/customers in person or on the telephone.
o Answers telephones, schedules appointments, and handles front:office responsibilities as needed.
- Under the guidance of the Center Manager the Medical Assistant will:
o Escorts patients to the exam room.
o Assists the RN by collecting recording and reporting patient specific data that includes: TPR, BP, RR and HR
o Collects and handles lab specimens as directed, according to protocol.
o Clarifies all directions so patient care is completed without delay or confusion.
o Promptly reports unusual observations or changes in patient condition/behavior.
o Assists physician with examinations and procedures and carries out orders as directed.
o Ensures patient care is delivered and the unit is maintained in accordance with professional regulatory standards.
- Coordinates patient flow and ensures care in a timely manner.
- Completes unit tasks such as cleaning exam areas, cleaning exam tables, instruments, emptying trash, and running errands.
- Restocks supplies in each treatment room, maintaining an appropriate par level. Notifies appropriate staff member when supplies are needed to be ordered.
- Prioritizes workload and completes all assignments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate population as outlined in the job description and competencies.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of Medical Assistant Program or equivalent work experience
- BLS certification
- Minimum (one) year previous medical back:office experience, preferably within an acute healthcare system environment.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in healthcare:related field.
Skills or Other Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills; customer focused; excellent attention to detail; able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; strong interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment.
- Basic keyboarding skills at 35 WPM.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proven ability to interface with all customer levels (physicians, Organizational staff, insurance companies, patients and family members).
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Qualified bilingual or multilingual candidates.
• Location: Long Beach
• Post ID: 155968047 la