Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 12:05 AM
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 90028
Country: United State
In an atmosphere of mutual respect and responsibility, The Oaks School prepares students to meet the world with the combined wisdom of an intelligent mind, a skilled hand, and a compassionate heart.
The Oaks School is a thriving K-6 progressive school with just over 150 students, located in the heart of Hollywood. The Director of Finance and Operations wears many hats as part of a small senior leadership team. He or she works closely with the Head of School and the Board of Trustees to ensure financial effectiveness and integrity, and to manage the physical operation of the school.
For a detailed description of the school and the position go to:
The Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) wears many hats as part of a small senior leadership team. S/he is responsible for operational, fiscal, and administrative effectiveness of the school's operations including financial management and campus facilities. The DFO is also responsible for building projects, security and safety, information technology, human resources, employee benefits and compliance, risk management, business affairs and legal/vendor contracts, business policy, and generally accepted accounting practices and procedures. As a member of the senior leadership team, the DFO is committed to the educational philosophy, mission and goals of the school.
· Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or related field, advanced degree preferred
· Five or more years results-oriented executive operations management experience
· Demonstrated experience as a successful manager or leader
· Prevailing interest in promoting an equitable and inclusive school community that supports the development and achievement of all students
· Strong financial background, managing a budget of $4 million in a school or other non-profit environment with experience in long-range strategic planning and oversight; knowledge of tax-exempt bond financing and financial aid
· Expertise with financial or accounting management software strongly preferred
· Knowledge of student information management software preferred
· Ability to effectively analyze, interpret and present relevant data for important decision-making
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
· Capability to build significant relationships with campus community, including faculty, staff, parents and students, to influence goodwill and positive communications
· Excellent communication, presentation and computer skills
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Lee Miller Associates is working with The Oaks School on this search. For initial consideration, please email a résumé and cover letter to Leadership@LeeMillerAssociates.com. Please reference “The Oaks” in the subject line. Do not contact The Oaks School directly.
• Location: Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
• Post ID: 158866987 la